Friday 28 August 2015

The Summer of '15

Well, I was going to be really motivated and blog loads this summer, but with so much going on, it completely slipped my mind so I have decided to do a summer update. Loads of good things have happened this summer, but instead of boring you with the details of my six weeks off, I will give you my 5 highlights.


  1. Passing my driving test! Now, I know most people have driving lessons as soon as they are 17 but that honestly did not appeal to me at all. I started learning last September and passed at the beginning of the summer. I was more nervous than I can explain but I managed to pass my test and since then I've developed a love of driving. 



  2. Being Bridesmaid! On the 1st of August I was bridesmaid for one of my close friends, Laura. My boyfriend, Elliott was my plus 1 and it was such a lovely day. As you can see from the photo, I wore an orange strapless dress and had my hair in curls with the front sections plaited. This was the first time that I have ever been bridesmaid so that made the day even more special for me.
  3. Boyfriend/Girlfriend time! Both Elliott and I work in a primary school (that is how we met!) so it can be tricky to get time to spend quality time together. This summer, we have been on various days out and done loads of lovely things together. Without sounding soppy, he's made my summer perfect. 


  4. Girl time. It's been so nice to be able to go out for meals and do various things with the girls. My girls are super important to me and it's been lovely to spend time with them, especially as we are usually so busy with work/uni.

  5. Family time. Usually I do not get much time to spend with my family, with us all working full time/going to sixth form, we only see each other for a couple of hours a day but this summer, Dad took a lot of time off so it's been lovely to spend time with them properly and celebrate my parents 25th wedding anniversary.


I have had an absolutely amazing summer holiday, but now it is back to reality with my second year of uni! 

lots of love,
Laura. 

No comments:

Post a Comment